Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Reply to (Cat's fishin tales)

Fill out the form below to post a message on the forum. HTML is enabled. Markup is enabled, so you may use markup in your posts. Anonymous postings are allowed, so you may choose any unregistered name to post under.

Post Icon

Email all replies to my real email address

I want to preview my post .

In response to:

Poster: Anonymous
Subject: Re: A tuna story...

I have just read your exciting article regarding the tuna! Talk about memories. I had the opportunity to fish for giant bluefin tuna out of Conception Bay, NFLD, while in the Navy (1969). I knew where the story was going after reading a few paragraphs. My article is on the Mercury Marine web site, "Bluefin Memories". I fought mine for 1 hour and 50 minutes, in a chair! My 23 year old muscles had never been tested (especially my back) in an athletic life! The skipper had the double line in his grasp but could not bring the giant fish to gaff. The hook was straightened out! They calculated his weight to be around th 750 lb range. I, too, had him swimming on his side in 180 degree arcs approximately 30 feet behind the boat. It was a trip of a lifetime! I cannot imagine being able to live this life and doing it for a living. I know it would be a job and not an easy one, but to be able to fish for a living would be next to heaven! GREAT ARTICLE!...../MikeW)

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright