Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Reply to (Saltwater)

Fill out the form below to post a message on the forum. HTML is enabled. Markup is enabled, so you may use markup in your posts. Anonymous postings are allowed, so you may choose any unregistered name to post under.

Username

Subject

Post Icon

Email all replies to my real email address

I want to preview my post .

In response to:

Poster: Navy fisher
Subject: Re: advice on Diego Garcia

Fellow fisherman,

I am in the US Navy and will be headed to DG in the Summer. I was hoping some of you could point me in the right direction as far as choosing tackle and rigging goes. We will be casting of skip jacks and grouper mostly and the charters on the island will take us out for Tuna and wahoo mostly. We need to bring most of our gear since the only way to get there otherwise is mail.

I look at the saltwater fishing catalogs and get a headache trying to decide what will work and what will not. I am currently trying to get in touch with someone there already but that is proving very difficult. If any one knows a good website on gear specific to species or someone who wouldn't mind filling me in, I would be very appreciative.

I see there are some aussies on this site. I lived in Cairns for a year but didn't get any fishing done while I was down there; I really missed out. I hear it's grown a bit since then.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Steve Mitchell, LT USN

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright