Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Fishing Destin Florida Thread views: 12868 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

ChristyG
(Angler)
6/23/01 10:16 AM
any storytellers? [Post#: 299 ] Reply to this post

Hello
I'm in the process of writing a short story (which has the potential to expand into more) and the setting is a fictional, very Destin-like town. I grew up in Fort Walton and worked at a marina in Destin for a few years, but haven't really been back to Destin in a while. I need a few good stories from you guys (that you wouldn't mind me modifying and using possibly--i'll give credit if you'd like) to bring it all back and inspire me a little. I know you all have a few good fish stories (and even more good inept tourist stories) so if you could help me out i'd really appreciate it.
thanks again!!
-Christy

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
6/26/01 09:50 PM
Re: any storytellers? new [Post#: 303 / re: 299 ] Reply to this post

Here a bunch worth checking out:
http://www.bigfishtackle.com/cgi-bin/wwwthreads/postlist.pl?Cat=&Board=fishing_stories

http://www.rememory.com/cfml/frame_comps_comp.cfm?competition=315

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
7/19/01 07:47 AM
Re: any storytellers? new [Post#: 350 / re: 303 ] Reply to this post

Re: any storytellers? [Post#: 303 / re: 299 ] I remember coming to Destin years ago, as a tourist, in the mid 60's. I was always fishing or snorkeling in the local waters, bridge, the old Crystal Beach Pier(only a few pilings left), and had good success at catching a bunch of blue crabs. My Dad said that he heard they were good to eat, so we boiled those crabs and sat down for a real feast. As we viewed out potential dinner, we began to disect the critters and ate the claws first. The flesh was soft, succulent and quite delicious. My Dad indicated that he had heard that there was more meat in the body of the crab so we proceeded to break open the main body. Inside the crab was an array of various body parts, none of which we had the slightest clue of which to consume. We decided that the covering on either side of the main body must be the meat. This stuff was dark and kind of fiberous looking and we all took a bite at more or less the same time. In unison we all spit the material out and decided not to eat any of what we thought was the body meat of the crab. "How'd it taste to you," my Dad inquired, "Very bitter and NASTY," I replied....Well turns out we were eating the d_mn gills and later found out how to get to the meat in the shell.....Years later we still laugh at our Stupid Tourist Antics.......I love Destin and have been coming to the area since the early 60's when I was just about 14....Now I bring my son to Destin and try to share with him the wonders and excitement of the sea...by the way..my sons picture is posted at the entrance of the Indian Mound Museum in Ft. Walton Beach...he is standing with a friend by the smallest Police Station in the world at Carrabelle, Florida, which is further east on the panhandle...Thanks for letting me share my story...CYA

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
9/11/06 02:45 PM
Re: any storytellers? new [Post#: 2283 / re: 299 ] Reply to this post

Wholesale Manufacturers & Suppliers of Superb Quality Hand-Tied Fishing Flies. Over 1500 patterns. Delivery World wide.

For bulk prices on wholesale fly fishing flies, trout flies, salmon flies, saltwater flies, dry flies, wet flies, streamers, terrestrials, epoxy minnows, bass bugs, bass flies, orders start at 4.00 euro per doz. Minimum ordering quantity is 500 dozen.

Delivery 1 to 2 weeks from order date.

Delivery Fedex or UPC

We thank you for visiting our website, and assure you of our consistently high quality products, prompt delivery and best co-operation.

Director

Heiko - Heiko Fishing Flies

vliegvissen.info

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright