Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Fishing Destin Florida Thread views: 45192 *Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Fyreplug
(Unregistered)
1/1/02 09:03 PM
Tuna Fishing [Post#: 546 ] Reply to this post

Does anyone have info on offshore tuna fishing during the months of February and March? Have a total of 4 firefighters looking for info and maybe a charter for a 12 to 14 hour day. Would like to try for some yellow or blue tune, but blackies would be fun too. Thanks in advance:)

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
1/13/02 04:51 PM
Re: Tuna Fishing new [Post#: 558 / re: 546 ] Reply to this post

Seems like the locals don't check this web page! Would have thought a charter capt. would have replied. Maybe you should check out Cabo.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
1/13/02 10:41 PM
Re: Tuna Fishing new [Post#: 559 / re: 558 ] Reply to this post

I agree... We have been trying to set up trip for some time now. Trying to set one up within driving time from Atlanta. Have checked into the east coast around Cape Hatteras but that would be a 13+ hour drive. Though Cabo would be grand! But Destin is like my second home and plan on buying a few condos in the general area for the future. Wish that the Captains would respond.. or maybe they lack the experience in this form of fishing. The average cost at the Cape is 1200 per day up to 6 fisherman. Thats for a 14 hour+ day. We are just tired of spanish, kings, wahoo, dolphin, sail, marlin and so forth. Plus at the Cape you can only keep fish under 70" or it becomes tha property of the captain and they will split the sell.. but you only get 1/3. That would be fine too.. but we like fish and want to take some home to munch on. Could you imagine the thrill of snagging a 700+ pound Blue Fin?? Either way.. we may head down the east coast and pick up a charter out of Jupiter, Cocoa or the Keys. We just need alittle extra time to set it up then. Us fireman work odd schedules and have to try and coordinate everyones leave.
Thanks for your reply and happy fishing. May the big never get away. If it does.... lie like heck.. hahahaha..

Plug

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
1/18/02 01:40 PM
Re: Tuna Fishing new [Post#: 566 / re: 558 ] Reply to this post

call outdoor adventures in florida
capt tim will show you a good time
last year my 11 year old daugther took the florida line class with a 92 pound tarpon on 18 pound test.
exc. guides. i dont have the # but call my dad 941-613-1615
his name is john, tell him john jr told you to call for tims #

Fyreplug
(Unregistered)
1/19/02 08:26 PM
Re: Tuna Fishing new [Post#: 567 / re: 566 ] Reply to this post

John,
Thanks for the info. I will give your Dad a call in the coming week. Thanks for the kindness you have shown. I too have an 11 year old daughter that loves to fish. I will be taking her out to catch some big ones soon. She is an outdoors enthusiast. Of course whatever daddies does, she has to mimic. hahahahaha. Will let you know what the outcome is about the fishing info.

Thanks,
Vince

FSHNERIE
(Unregistered)
1/20/02 12:30 PM
Re: Tuna Fishing new [Post#: 568 / re: 567 ] Reply to this post

Vance,
I used this charter last year,

STRESS RELIEF
CAPT.CHET SNYDER
P#850-863-7028
E-MAIL CHEF@FISHINDESTIN.COM

Good luck n Tight lines

fyreplug
(Unregistered)
1/23/02 01:00 AM
Re: Tuna Fishing new [Post#: 575 / re: 568 ] Reply to this post

Fshnerie,

Thanks for the info and will check it out. Have a great one and hope to see ya on the water:)

Vince

FSHNERIE
(Unregistered)
1/23/02 11:32 PM
Re: Tuna Fishing new [Post#: 576 / re: 575 ] Reply to this post

Vince
Just got back from destin today,Had a great time.BIG
Amberjacks.You guys are gonna have a blast.

Good luck n tight lines

fyreplug
(Unregistered)
1/26/02 05:50 PM
Re: Tuna Fishing new [Post#: 580 / re: 576 ] Reply to this post

Fshnerie,

Big AJ's??? That would be a blast!! We are putting for time of on the 27th. Once we find out if we all can get leave at the same time... we will be making reservations. I have one co-worker who has never been in deep water before. But he is like a little kid watching ESPN on Saturdays. ( the saltwater fishing shows) and says he is going to catch one as big as he is. Told him that a fish that big would be a record somewhere.*LOL* He is 6'9" and weighs 350# . He just laughs and says.. Just wait and see..

Thanks for the info and getting the gear ready.
Good Luck!! and save me a fillet for my sandwich. hahahaha
Vince

FSHNERIE
(Unregistered)
1/29/02 10:48 PM
Re: Tuna Fishing new [Post#: 587 / re: 580 ] Reply to this post

Vince,
Keep me informed on youre fishing trip and how
you all do.E-Mail me at,
FSHNERIE@AOL.COM
Craig

You ever fish western basin of lake Erie?

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | (show all)
*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright