Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 7753 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
2/15/03 08:56 PM
taxidermy [Post#: 1055 ] Reply to this post

im a trophy fisher with a few trophys on the wall. i recently took a 13.8 pounder to a taxidermy in folkston.ga for a mount,the bad part about it was 3 months later when a returned to pick it up ,it was not my fish at all, it was about a 7 to 8 pounder. i was disappointed with the owners work!.when i asked for my money i put down on it fish 75.00 the man got irate with me.no money back no fish how can i get justice for this!!!!!!!! ?I HAVE PICTURES OF THE FISH!!!!!!!!! the remaning balance is 150.00 plus 2.00 a day late fee. [www.well91 at bellsouth.com]

daveT
(Unregistered)
2/16/03 03:21 PM
Re: taxidermy new [Post#: 1059 / re: 1055 ] Reply to this post

That is why I started mounting my own fish. You got a Manakin mount, which is pre-formed and "not" to fit your fish. The only way to get "YOUR" fish back, is to do a "Quick Cast Method", which is not quick by any means. But hardly any taxidermists do it this way anymore, they all use manakins. Its harder to Quick Cast, more processes, and the mount weighs as much as it did before (heavy). So if you can live with a heavy mount, you'll get YOUR fish! You can check my mounts on my site, think I still have some pics in About page.A Quick Cast is a Cast made from YOUR fish, then filled with paper-mache.

Also, there's really not much money in taxidermy, the guy didn't make much, probably about half of what you paid, plus many hours of work spent. Maybe ask him for half your money back. Taxidermy is an art, most aren't artist at all, but even an artist can blow it. Think about if you had to paint someone elses fish...its a gamble as with any artwork.
fisheadtackle.com

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright