Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 4996 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Jimmy Everett
(Unregistered)
6/26/04 02:10 PM
Lake Fork Report [Post#: 1601 ] Reply to this post

Date Posted: 06/26/2004 9:31 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lake Fork has been pretty good in the last couple of days. The bass fishing continues to get better. The patterns have been easy to figure out and have stayed pretty consistant so far this summer. I have been starting out with my clients about 6:00 am. Now for those who like the topwater bite it has not been very good this year but you can pick up a few trowing one. When we start out with a topwater we are either throwing a zoom horney toad in black or white, or by throwing a yellow magic or storm chug bug in shad color. I have been fishing these in back of creek channels or main lake hydrilla flats.

After the morning bite slows down I kick out the boat to about 15 feet and throw in to 8 and work it out. Im fishing road beds, humps, and main lake ridges. I like throwing a carolina rig but will also throw a texas rig in the same places. The baits I have found to be most productive are zoom speed craws, baby brush hogs, and centipedes.The colors that good are the same almost every year which are green pumpkin, watermelon, and watermelon/red. ON these baits I almost always dye the tip or tails in chartruse dye. This has been depth of water all day and fish seem to stay there but there are some fish I'm finding in 25-30 feet of water stacked up on main lake points and humps. Im throwing a carolina rig with a 10" blue fleck power worm or a pearl storm 5" swimbait and bouncing it off the bottom.

The Skeeter owners tournament is coming and now would be a good time to scout out a spot. I f you need a guide to help or just want to come out to fish Lake Fork give me a call at 903-765-3980 or visit www.fishinlakefork.com

Thank you

Guide Jimmy Everett

Sponsored by: Skeeter Boats, Yamaha Outboards, Action optics sunglasses, FUN-N-SUN SPORTING CENTERS . If your looking for a new boat give PAUL a call at 817-279-1991 and tell him I sent you

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright