Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 5273 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Jimmy Everett
7/27/04 07:39 AM
Lake Fork Report [Post#: 1650 ] Reply to this post

Lake Fork has been good this summer untill the day after that front that blew in in a tough day we only boated around 10 fish but had one over 8lbs to help the day look better. Now that the cold front has passed the deep fish have gone crazy (really good). The afternoons have still been better for me.
The topwater bite has picked up in the last few mornings on white buzzbaits with a clacker on the blade has done well. Fish these baits on shallow banks(2-4 feet)in coves or old ponds early in the morning. Make sure some grass is present and make long cast.
I am still starting out in deep water unless someone says they want topwater action. In the morning I am fishing a texas rigged 10" power worm or zoom ol' monster in blue fleck, plum, black/blue, or black neon. Fish These baits on humps and ridges in 15 to 20 feet deep. Fish very slow and make repeated cast to the same holes. Im catching some real hogs right now doing this.
At about 10am the bite slows down and I getteing out deeper on the same ridges and hump that I was fishing in the morning. Fish in 20-30 feet deep. Out in the deep water I have been throwing a carolina rigged baby lake fork creature or a zoom speed craw. Watermelon wih the ends dyed in chartruse. Fish these baits with a 1 oz weight and a 3 foot leader. I have also had some good fish still coming on a strike work jig ( in white or camo colors and fish them just like a texas rigged worm. A few fish a still being caught on a drop shotwith a 2 to 3 foot leader and a pearl zoom super fluke has been the best.
When it gets around %pm I am going back to the texas rigged 10"worms and fishing them in the same places I did in the morning till the end of the day.
Remember I still Have some dates open for this summer and fall and those who are fishing the mcdonalds tournament in September I have A couple of days open to pre-fish. If you would like to book a trip give me a call at 903-765-3980 or visit me at

Guide Jimmy Everett

sponsored by: Skeeter, Yamaha, Strike Works Inc. (, and Fun-N-Sun Sporting Centers and Marine.
For A great Deal on a New or Used boat call PAUL from Fun-N-Sun at 817-279-1991 and tell him I sent you

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright