Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 5480 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Jimmy Everett
(Unregistered)
8/9/04 02:18 AM
Lake Fork Report [Post#: 1665 ] Reply to this post

Lake Fork has slowed down some with that last cold front that moved in.The water and air temps dropped but are on the rise very quickly. The water temp is around 85 degrees and climbing to the 90s. The shallow water bite has seem to be a little better than it was but Im still staying out deep for the most part.
The numbers have gone down but the 7-10lb fish are still coming in pretty regular. I am still starting out in the morning with a 10 1/2 inch zoom ol monster worm in blueberry or black neon. fish these on a texas rig with a 3/8 oz weight and glass bead. fish it very slow around any cover you can find in 15 to 20 feet on main lake humps, ridges, and points.
When the morning action slows down try switching to a carolina rig with a 1oz weight and 3 foot leader. Throw a mark pack baby creature in watermelon or a zoom speed craw in watermelon and dye the tails in chart. dye. Fish these on the same humps, ridges, and points you fish in the morning just out a little deeper like 20-26 feet deep. I have been fishing a carolina rig through out the day utill around 5 or so and then swicthing back to the worm to finish off the day.
If you get in the mood to catch some fish try a drop shot up around the grass beds in 8 to 12 feet deep and use a smoke shad tiki drop by wave inc. These are small fish but fun to catch on spinning reels and lite line.
I still have dates open for august and it is never to early to book a trip for any time of the year. If you would like to book a trip give jimmy a call at 903-765-3980 or visit him at www.fishinlakefork.comand email him.

Thank you Jimmy Everett

Sponsored by: Skeeter, Yamaha, Strike works inc. (www.strikeworks.com), Axtons Bass City, and FUN-N-SUN SPORTING CENTERS For a great deal on a boat call PAUL from fun-n-sun at 817-279-1991 and tell him I sent you.

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright