Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 5623 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

JImmy Everett
(Unregistered)
8/14/04 01:48 PM
Lake Fork Report [Post#: 1676 ] Reply to this post

Lake Fork fishing is pretty much the same even with the storms and fronts blowing through. Water temps have droped to the low to mid 80s. The weather has been pretty nice even during the middle of the day. I have even wore a jacket the past couple of mornings. The weather has seemed to turn on the bigger fish with many over seven this week and 2 fish almost 10lbs caught out of my boat. The numbers are still around 18-25 fish a day and holding to that pretty steady.
Like I said the fishing is pretty much the same as it has been. I am still starting the morning of with a blueberry Zoom Ol' Monster 10 1/2 inch worm. In the past couple of mornings a black/blue 1/2oz Strike Works Jig with a flippin blue zoom super chunk has also caught some nice fish. I am still fishing these baits in 18-24 feet of water from about 6am till around 10:30am or so. Work these baits over humps, ridges, and main lake points. Fish these baits very slow and work any cover you feel on the bottom very thorough. The slower the better it seems. You can also catch a few fish early in the morning around grass patches throwing buzzbaits or a chugbug in white. This is good if you want fish smell on your hands but not for the monster most come out to Lake Fork looking for.
After the morning bite slows down I am switching to a carolina rigged Zoom speed craw or baby Lake Fork creature. The most productive colors have been watermelon when its sunny and blue brusier or black/blue when its clowdy. Agian fish these baits very slow.and work any cover you feel thorough. Fish these baits in the same areas you fished in the morning like humps and ridges just out a little deeper (22-28 feet deep).
When the temps. start to cool off around 6pm try switching back to the 10 1/2 inch worm or the 1/2oz jig to finish off the day. Fish them in the same areas and water depth as you did in the start of the day.
This should help those coming out to the lake this week and If you would like some help I have some open dates still open in August and the rest of the Fall. For booking info visit www.fishinlakefork.com or call 903-765-3980.

Thank You
Guide Jimmy Everett
www.fishinlakefork.com

Skeeter, Yamaha, Strike Works Inc. www.strikeworkstackle.com, Axtons Bass City (903-473-7224) for hotel reservations on Lake Fork, FUN- N-Sun Sporting Centers 817-279-1991 ask for paul about boat sales

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright