Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 5012 *Threaded Mode

Jimmy Everett
(Unregistered)
9/16/04 09:14 AM
Lake Fork Report [Post#: 1723 ] Reply to this post

Lake Fork has been great the last week with 25-35 fish being put in the boat a daywith the biggest this week being a 8lb 7oz bass and a few over 7lbs. The main key early and late is to stay around the grass and during the middle of the day stay in 10-14 feet and 20-24 feet. The water temp is in the low 80s still but rising with the 90+ degree days we are having. The water has a good color to it and clairity is around 3 feet.
Early start out around grass beds in 4 to 8 feet of water. If its still close to dark throw a chug bug in shad color or a pearl slug-go in and around the grass beds untill the sun starts to come up.
As soon as the sun starts to come up Im switching to a Black/blue Yamamoto Senko texas rigged with no weight. Throw this around all the grass you can. I have been fishing it slow around the edges of the grass and over the grass. Pay close attention to your line and always check your bait with a tight line before you twitch this bait. Fish it with a twitch twitch and a 5 second pause and do this over and over. This has been very good for those 2-3lb fish. Great for those in the Mcdonalds Tour. Im fishing this untill 9am or so when the bite starts to dye of agian. When this happens and youll know cause it seems like the fish just shut down, Kick out to sround 10-14 feet and start throwing a T.O. centipede in Kudzu or Black/Blue on a carolina rig. Fish it with a 1/2oz weight and a 2 foot leader. Fish these on main lake or secondary points that have grass around them. If your looking for a little better fish I have been throwing a small black/blue strikeworks jig with a matching trailer and fishing it like a worm in the same places as a centipede. These baits will produce fish for the rest of the day at least untill it get close to dark then Im swiching back to a black/blue senko untill dark then coming in.
For those who are looking for that fish of a life time keep away from shallow water. I have had very good catches in 20-24 feet of water. Out this deep Im throwing a 10 1/2 inch Zoom Ol Monster worm in blueberry or plum apple. Fish these slow with a 1oz weight and 3 1/2 foot leader. Fish these very slow and crawl them along the bottom with long pauses inbetween pulls. Fish these baits on main lake humps and ridges on the south end of the lake. Also watch for large schools of small bass out deep. If you catch a few small fish on a big bait go to a watermelon Baby ring fry with a chart tail dyed tail. You can find huge school of 10-16 inch fish out deep and when you get on them you can ripem for a couple of hours.
For those who want to put 40+ fish in the boat throw a 3/8oz T.O. tailspinner in any color over grass and around it in 5-11 feet deep. Throw them all day the can put alot of fish in the boat. Most are pretty small nut it can be fun at times. I still have a few days in sept. open and 1 day for the week before Mcdonalds tour comes up. If your interested in booking a trip give me a call at 903-765-3980 or visit me at www.fishinlakefork.com and email me.

Good luck and be safe on the water
Jimmy Everett
Jimmy@fishinlakefork.com
903-765-3980

Skeeter, Yamaha, Axtons Bass City 903-473-7224 for Lake Fork reservations. Strike Works INC. (strikeworkstackle.com), and Fun-N-Sun Sporting Centers 817-279-1991 and ask for paul on new or used boats

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright