Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 5363 *Threaded Mode

Jimmy Everett
(Unregistered)
9/22/04 07:24 PM
Lake Fork Report [Post#: 1730 ] Reply to this post

Lake Fork bass fishing has been great the last week. I have had a couple of days reaching up to 40 fish a day. A good avg. is 25 fish. Most of the fish are coming early and late in the day but if you get into a school of fish you can put 15 fish in the boat in a matter of minutes. I have been fishing main lake all the way to the back of creeks so the fish are scattered everywhere.
Most of the fish Im catching have been coming out of shallow water because people are prefishing for the Mcdonalds Tournament. Im starting the day out right before daylight and throwing a pearl slug-go or a white 3/8oz T.O. buzzbait over the grass in 4-8 feet of water. As soon as the sun starts to come up Im switching to a black/blue 5" senko fished with no weight around the same grass where I was throwing the other baits. This is deadly right now. If your not catching fish early move fast and find them because the fish are feeding very good early. Now if your going to fish up shallow stay in the 8 to 12 foot range when the shallower bite slows and texas rig a 7" bluefleck or junebug power worm around grass lines and timber close to the grass. Fish these on a 1/4oz weight and a bead and fish them slow. Also keep achrome bLue 1/4oz rattle trap handy. If you catch a few on a worm in the same area start throwing the rattle trap in that area and if there was a school there you'll find out real soon because you'll do more catching than fishing for a few minutes. Im fishing these untill it gets close to dark then going back up shallow with a senko the last 1 1/2 before dark.
Now for those who like to fish deep like me this week has been up and down. I had some good 6 to 8 pound fish in the boat this week and one lost at the boat in the 10lb class. One day this week I got fish in 30-35 feet of water. Now these are the big fish so If you want to get away from the dinks get in atleast 20-25 feet to get them. I am using 2 baits to get these deep fish. The first is a blueberry or plum-apple 10 1/2 inch Zoom Ol'Monster carolina rigged with a 3 1/2 foot leader and a 1oz weight. The other is a watermelon/Red or Black/Blue 1/2oz strikeworksjig with amatching Zoom Super Chunck. This should help those at the Mcdonalds Tournament this weekend.

If you would like to book a trip on Lake Fork with me give me a call at 903-765-3980 or visit me at www.fishinlakefork.com

Good luck and be safe on the water
Jimmy Everett

Skeeter, Yamaha, Strike Works Tackle (strikeworkstackle.com), Axtons Bass City on Lake Fork 903-473-7224, Fun-n-Sun Sporting Centers 817-279-1991

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright