Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 6346 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Jimmy Everett
(Unregistered)
11/17/04 12:13 PM
Lake Fork Report [Post#: 1796 ] Reply to this post

Lake Fork has been on fire in the last 2 weeks. I fishing hasnt been this good for awhile now. I averaged over 40 bass a trip with lots of 2-3lb bass and many in the 4-7lb range. over the last week and a half. The fish are stacked in medium to deep water and feeding on shad very heavy all day. Most of the times Im sitting in 1 or 2 spots all day and not moving. The only reason to move is when other people start to crowd me and It gets annoying. The water temp is at 64 today and has been between 61-65 over the last week. The water is clear and in good condition. I have only been throwing 4 baits all day long. I just switch back and forth and let the bass decide what they want that day.

The best bite has been around 15 feet of water off main lake points and drop offs. Most of these fish are smaller but the bite is very steady. Out in this water I have seen many fish coming up to the top to school. Stay below these fish and you can catch some better fish. For this water I have been throwing a carolina rig with a 4 to 5 foot leader. The baits Im throwing are a watermelo/red Zoom super fluke and dipping the tail in chart dye. Another good bait has been a Gary Yomamoto 6" lizard in watermelon/ black flake with a chart dyed tail. These baits have been deadly all day long. Fish them slow across the points and up the drop offs.

For the bigger bass try getting in the mouth of creeks in 20-25 feet of water where creek channels make a bend. The best baits have been a 5" Gary Yomamoto grub in a shad color on a 1/4 oz jig head. Also a albino color Zoom super fluke rigged the same way as the grub. The bigger fish at the mouths of creeks have been suspended but very aggresive. What Im doing is taking the grub or fluke and throwing them out and letting them sink to the bottom on a free line. once it hits the bottom put your rod tip down torwards the water and slow roll the bait back to you. Pay attention to your bait you will get some small hits but dont set the hook. wait till you feel the hit and let the bass load up your rod before giving it a sweeping hook set in stead of straight up. This will help gett a better bite to hook ratio on these bait.

I still have some November dates open and many December dates open. So if you would like to get out on Lake Fork and try out some deep water fishing give me a call at 903-765-3980 or visit me at www.fishinlakefork.com and shoot me an email.

Good luck on the water
Jimmy Everett

jimmy@fishinlakefork.com

Sponsored by: Skeeter, Yamaha, Fun-N-Sun sporting centers, Strike Works Inc, Axtons Bass City

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright