Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 7420 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Jimmy Everett
(Unregistered)
12/16/04 03:19 PM
Lake Fork Report new [Post#: 1813 ] Reply to this post

Lake Fork bass fishing has been pretty steady untill the last few days. The cold weather hass keep most people off the lake and indoors. Today was no different except for the rain which made it worse. The bass have started moving out of shallow water for myself and have begun to set up for winter time. I had cleints and myself catch bass out of 35 feet of water and maybe a tad deeper. Because of this I have really stayed out of shallow water altough some are still catching good fish out of the hydrillia. I have been staying out deep for 90 plus percent of the time. Over the last few weeks I have seen and caught many bass in the 5-8 lb with alot of fat 2-3 lb bass. Untill the last few days the average catch was around 20-25 bass a day but has really dropped after this last front we had.

Like I said most of my fish are coming out deep but the fish I have caught up shallow have been good fish. Most have been caught on a Strkie Works Jig (www.strikeworkstackle.com). The best color for me has been watermelon/red 1/2 oz wood jig with a watermelon zoom superchunk on the back. I also dye the tips of the chunk in Chart. garlic dye. Flip these to every piece of cover you can find around the outside edges of grass in 6 to 8 feet of water. Try to stay around a creek channel also it has helped me get more bites when Im around one. The bite hasnt been a fast pace one but there are some good fish to be caught this way.

Now for the deep water bite. The main key is finding the fish. Once you find them in my opinon it doesnt matter much of what you throw as long as you get it in front of them. I have been finding good schools of bass on main lake points, ridges, and roadbeds. The best depth for me is starting in 15 feet early and moving my way out to 20-25 feet which is where I have found the most fish at. Dont be scared to look out to 40 feet of water right now. I am throwing a carolina rig almost all day. I have stayed with watermelon/red Zoom super flukes with a chart. dyed tail for most of the day because it has been producing fish. I have seen carolina rigged lizards & baby brush hogs catch fish as well as storm wild eye swim baits and grubs on a 1/4 oz jig head catch fish in all different colors. Thats why I say if you can just get into the fish it doesnt matter to much of what you throw. At the last few hours of the day move into the major creeks in the south end of the lake the fish have been running through very heavy during that time in 20-25 feet of water on the edges of the creek.

If you are looking for a guide trip this winter or spring give me a call and I will help you set up a great trip on Lake Fork. I can be reached at 903-765-3980 or visit me at www.fishinlakefork.com and email me from the site.

Good luck on the lake and be safe

Jimmy Everett
jimmy@fishinlakefork.com

Fun-N-Sun sporting centers (817) 279-1991 , Strike Works Tackle, Axtons Bass City, Friendly Custom Rods, Skeeter, Yamaha

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
1/3/05 04:45 PM
Re: Lake Fork Report [Post#: 1827 / re: 1813 ] Reply to this post

just checking

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright