Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 55564 *View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
Anonymous
(Unregistered)
7/27/02 10:25 PM
ugly sticks [Post#: 862 ] Reply to this post

I just purchased another Ugly Stick. This pole was made in China. I will return it because I refuse to support the unfair advantage that the undercompensated labor presents to the American labor force. How long have ugly sticks been made in China? what do I buy to replace it? 6'6" medium duty, for catfish

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
8/20/02 08:14 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 882 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

If you are going to return the fishing rod because it is made in China what will you replace it with. 90 percent of all rods are made in China or one of it's neighbouring countries.
Ed

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
9/11/02 11:34 AM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 903 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

I would say to buy a St. Croix fishing Rod. The rods are made in the US at the northern end of Wisconsin. They are of high quality. Before I started flyfishing I was not sure what to buy until I came across a St. Croix rod. Good luck, God bless and fish well.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
11/27/02 01:00 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 985 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

welcome to the new world market
i hope you plan on spending over a 100 bucks for a new fishin rod almost over 95% of fishing equipment is made over seas now. usa can not compete with the cheap labor
due to mismanagement and unions

bobg
(Unregistered)
12/8/02 06:23 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 995 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

WHAT is wrong with you ? Don't you know that you will never find a rod like ugly sticks, DO what they say if you break it send it back and get a new one, I have send back three of them because they broken on me I got a new one every time , I couldn't go catfishing with out my ugly sticks and I do a lot of catfishing, THEY are good rod and in the price range where most good rod's cost to much then you don't have the diffent size they have,name one rod company offen same thing.

Monk
(Unregistered)
2/12/03 03:45 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1048 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

Go buy another Ugly Stick. You're fishing because you like to fish not because you want to support the USA. Ugly Sticks are a great pole. I have three! Happy fishing...

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
4/1/03 09:47 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1122 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

GO FOR PENN!!!!U.S.A Made and the best for under 100 bucks.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
4/1/03 09:50 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1123 / re: 985 ] Reply to this post

That is B.S. Cheap labor overseas and corporate GREEED is our biggest enemy. Try a Penn.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
4/4/03 02:30 AM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1126 / re: 882 ] Reply to this post

i think you are right china have there hands in evere thing so y send it back keep it and go fishing and get a big one

Tfisherman
(Angler)
4/29/03 03:48 AM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1149 / re: 1126 ] Reply to this post

I've got a couple, and I haven't had them break yet, I've broken alot of poles, they are extremly durable tough poles. Seems that every time I buy something fishing it always has the words made in China on it. Even the old names like mitchell and garcia are saying it.

metaltechdesign
(Unregistered)
5/18/03 01:50 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1179 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

Just to let you know Danny King, has a new fishing rod out,his web page is www.dannyking.com i think you might try his,if you e-mail him tell him Ann,wtih Metal Tech Design sent you to his web.I met Mr.King at a fishing show while we were promoteing our three Minnow Bucket's oh! our web page is www.baitbucket.myeweb.net you might like them too.good luck Ann

Shaun Solomon
(Unregistered)
6/28/03 05:34 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1233 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

Just a quick note: you have a new option in american made rods, Furnace Bay. Made by John Uhler, an icon in the industry. Quality rods that whip BIG fish with ease. Priced
in line w/ loomis or st. croix (better than either, made in usa unlike former) tight lines yall!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
7/26/03 03:55 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1255 / re: 1233 ] Reply to this post

It's ALWAYS best to purchase what you like and believe to be of high quality. Imagaine what would have happened if all American's bought only American cars in the 70's. We'd have a backward country with low quality, expensive gas guzzlers, that woudn't sell anywhere else in the world. Let the money flow to whomever makes the best products. We'll all benefit in the end.

Fishing Supply
(Unregistered)
8/4/03 06:32 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1262 / re: 1255 ] Reply to this post

We just started a wholesale business where we are selling the Pinnacle and Silstar brands- I'm pretty sure they are made in China. They have a Power Tip Pro that is almost a duplicate of an Ugly Stick, in fact Shakespeare sued them over it. I have found that the quality and price of these rods are hard to beat. http://www.fishingsupply.com

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
10/5/03 06:19 AM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1319 / re: 1262 ] Reply to this post

The Ugly Stick may be tough, but you are sacrificing feel and backbone for its strength. Give me a good Berkley Lightning Rod or Fenwick.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
10/14/03 11:51 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1330 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

[censored] YOU ALL AMERICANS!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
10/14/03 11:53 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1331 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

STUPID AMERICANS EATS [censored]!ASSHOLES![censored] OFF!

chessie dog
(Unregistered)
11/9/03 06:40 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1355 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

Hell I got an Ugly stick med. spin. 6'6' fer Fathers Day from my step daughters via my wife. I've used this rod since 6-84 and it is still my favorite. My other favorite is my ultra-light by Eagle Claw of Denver, Co. made in Korea. so as patriotic as I am ,some times we just have to bite the bullet. By the way I'm a staunch Teamster.

Hopoty
(Unregistered)
11/13/03 05:30 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1361 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

The last time I was in the USA I tried to find products made in USA and struggled.You could always try British made tackle-try the BOSFISH site.Our rods are longer than you use but land carp and pike up to 40 pounds in weight.I am in Florida in December and would like to catch catfish in the Kissimmee region- can anyone give some helpfull tips?

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
6/4/04 09:04 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 1585 / re: 1330 ] Reply to this post

no, censor you foreignors!!! you don't like it here go the Fvck home!!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
8/2/05 09:51 AM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 2007 / re: 862 ] Reply to this post

Check out www.fdt.cc click on rods & reels, here is their discription from their site: The Gladiator 6' 2pc Graphite reinforced Casting Rod, is an excellent choice for casting or flipping for big BASS. Action Med/Heavey, Line Weight 8-17Ibs, Lure Weight
1/4 - 1 1/4oz, 8 Line Guides & foam handle.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
10/24/05 05:58 PM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 2056 / re: 2007 ] Reply to this post

If where your rods/reels are made is ultra important you might have problems finding reasonably priced, decent quality products. Even if the items are not "made in china" chances are the parts and pieces were and were assembled somewhere else. We are a small but growing distributor of pinnacle/silstar products and carry a line of Power Tip Pro rods that are very similar to the Ugly Stick with a composite core wrapped in fiber glass to an unbreakable fiberglass tip. Excellent rod for all kinds of applications from surf fishing to cat fishing to salmon fishing. Check us out at www.fishingsuppliezguyz.com

Bluey aus
(Unregistered)
8/5/15 03:00 AM
Re: ugly sticks new [Post#: 3061 / re: 1330 ] Reply to this post

I have ugly in my boat for along time this new one won't go the distance it is not real like the others ,won't get caught again ,ask where they made boys bluey in aus

View the results for this poll

Pages in this thread: 1 | 2 | 3 | (show all)
*View all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright