Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2289 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Hindsight
(Unregistered)
5/12/03 05:09 PM
Great fishing [Post#: 1170 ] Reply to this post

Looks like we are in full swing here on the West Coast of Vancouver Island BC. Canada. Fishing in Sooke for Chinook and halibut has being nothing but outstanding. Port Renfrew reports have being on the wild side with way to many fish reported from Lingcod red snapper, you name it, and the crabbing is also great. We are heading up the weekend May 17 to get into some great crabbing and smelting. It will be my last chance to fish for myself as my season is in full swing. It is hard to get out for yourself when the season is going full swing. We have over five hundred anglers coming from all over the world this season. With a fishery like here in Sooke And Port Renfrew most anglers are repeats.

Now lets look at what has being working best for Halibut. Anglers are still using large herring for the beast of the ocean floor, this will continue till the dogfish move in. I found a roadrunner spoon working great last year and so far this year it has worked great for me.

The Chinook are hammering anchovy or four-inch herring hooked into an anchovy special trolled behind O'ki flasher. I found the chrome and gold colour head working this past weekend and a purple and gold flasher. The fish are still running deep, my wife Angela found her fish at 140, and no she kept that a secret. I had to wait till she went pee to take a look. Then I found myself watching her rod hit the water with vengeance. OH dear you have another fish, DON"T Touch My Rod I hear belting out from the front of the boat. Not in my life time ) it is funny how fast she moves when she gets a fish.
I wish you bent rods and blistered palms

John Wells
HindSightfishing.com

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright