Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2010 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Hind Sight
(Unregistered)
5/20/03 10:43 AM
Fishing report Renfrew / Sooke Bc [Post#: 1183 ] Reply to this post

What a weekend, we kicked butt on the crab and lingcod. The salmon fishing was also fantastic in Sooke and Renfrew. I did not partake in the salmon frenzy, as we will have plenty of time for that fishery.

As a lot of anglers are coming up from Washington to fish our waters as of late. I find many of you are phoning me, to find out what is the hot gear; well this past week was anchovy, which is normal. Troll your anchovy in an anchovy special behind a Betsy O’ki flasher with a six-foot leader and if that is not producing try a short leader of 5 feet. Tighten that roll also; bullet roll is your best bet. The best bet for depth is 45 to 80 feet. Port Renfrew was 85 feet fishing in 130 feet of water. As for head colour try a Gold and Chrome or purple and chrome.

Halibut have come in steady to local marinas over the last few weeks; nothing has changed much in the halibut fishing. Port Renfrew and Sooke have both had good days. We must remember that Sooke has many more boats fishing the waters, so you need to look at the odds. Scrappy jigs or Herring are the halibut’s choice this past week.

Well anglers I will be real busy over the next few months with charters so this will be one of my last articles. We here at Hind Sight Fishing will start a web site just for articles in the near future. It will be updated weekly.

I wish you bent rods and blistered palms

John Wells

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright