Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 3577 *Threaded Mode

SC Guide
(Unregistered)
3/25/01 07:41 PM
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Report [Post#: 149 ] Reply to this post

South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Fishing Report
Week of 03-18-01 through 03-24-01

It's still windy here and the weather can't seem to make up it's mind if Spring is really here or not. We ran two trips this week between bad weather days and managed to catch some reds. Still no trout, but, it's just a matter of time and good weather until we get to where we can start catching them. The first ones we normally catch will be the small males and then shortly after they show, the big females will be here, and they will be hungry for a big meal. That's when top water baits work the best. We like the "Walk-the-dog" style baits such as the Zara Spook and Zara Puppy and also Kalin's Dorky Mullet and the Heddon "Spit'n Image." Another favorite of mine is the Storm "Chug Bug." This lure was donated to me last year by a client, and I have to say, it has done a good job on these trout.

We caught some nice reds one day, while using crank baits. Out of 6 fish caught, every one was caught on the Cotton Cordele "Big O" in the "Firetiger" color. The other lures never got a strike. The next day was a short trip, but, we did catch one that weighed 10# before we gave up. The high wind coupled with the New Moon tides caused the water to be so muddy that we agreed we were wasting our time. That fish was caught on a Johnson spoon with a green trailer.

If you're interested in the Solunar Theory, as it affects fishing, you might want to take a look at page 9 on our website. This information will be posted for about another week.

Thanks, Gene Dickson
Delta Guide Service http://www.deltaguideservice.com/
Georgetown, SC 1-843-546-3645

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright