Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 3423 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

SC Guide
(Unregistered)
4/1/01 10:50 PM
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Report [Post#: 158 ] Reply to this post

South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Fishing Report
Week of 03-25-01 through 03-31-01

I thought I'd pull a slick one this past week and slip off to Florida for a few days fishing in the Indian River Lagoon. First, I let the Weather Channel assure me that there was no bad weather on the horizon, at least as far as Florida was concerned, and then I took off. Of course starting the next morning and continuing for the next three days it blew down power lines, hailed, and one fisherman was killed by lightning not far from where we were fishing. We got to fish until a little after noon on the first day, and then the storm started in earnest. During that one morning, we caught about 15 jacks up to 8# (which is what I wanted!), 7 snook up to 6#, and two manatees. All were released!

I would gladly recommend two groups that I know in that area. The first one is a really good fly shop named "The Fly Fisherman" in Titusville: www.flyfishermaninc.com contact Fritz Cole. He is a wealth of information and really knows saltwater fly fishing and the tackle needed to do it right. The next is the guide I use there: Travis Tanner at: www.nomotorzone.com and he really knows his area. He can also guide you in the "No Motor Zone" of the park. He uses a 20' Old Towne canoe for that type of trip.

Back here in SC, two of our guides had a couple of decent trips. Still no trout though! They caught some nice reds on live bait during one of the wind storms. Most of the reds were around the 5 to 7 pound size and all were caught on live mud minnows. Not much more to report so I'll cut it off for now.

Thanks, Gene Dickson
Delta Guide Service http://www.deltaguideservice.com/
Georgetown, SC 1-843-546-3645

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright