Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2382 *Threaded Mode

CHESAPEAKE SAM
(Unregistered)
10/6/04 11:55 PM
AWESOME EVENING ON THE BAY [Post#: 1752 ] Reply to this post

Hello every one, I just happened to stumble across this message board, and thought i,d tell you all about a resent trip on the Chesapeake bay.................................. Launched my boat at Rocky point state park (in baltimore county)and headed out of the backriver and into the ches. bay without a boat in sight, to a spot called MAN O WAR SHOALS and began drifting over the lump and jigging with 3 oz stingsilvers, I was catching plenty of dinks (small rockfish) and 13" whiteperch. while over to the side of me i noticed three seagulls feeding on the surface, I motored over to them and began jigging and it was on!! As soon as the jig hit the bottom i would get a keeper size fish on (over 18"). I caught over 30 fish from 18 to 30" in about twenty minutes. after a while more birds came and also more fishermen,it started to slow up after a while, when the tight school began to disperse,but i still managed to catch a fish about every ten mintues.eventually there was birds working from the western shore of the bay, clear over to the eastern shore ( about 8 miles!). the sun began to set, so i called it a day...A great three hours of fishing!Another great day on the bay.........I wish they were always that good

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright