Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2509 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Delta Guides
(Unregistered)
5/28/01 01:56 AM
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Report [Post#: 259 ] Reply to this post

South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Fishing Report
Week of 05-20-01 through 05-26-01

This weeks report sounds like a repeat of last week! Everything pretty much remained the same, with some trout on jigs in fairly deep water and nearly all the reds in the grass at high tide. On two days, we did get blown pretty hard during some thunder storms. Both of those days we had winds around 30 to 40 mph and hail and heavy rains. On one of those days, the wind caught us in a spot where we couldn’t do much but hold on and, during the storm, the trout bit like it was their last meal for a week! We caught 9 trout and a flounder during that blow. At other times, when there was little or no wind, the no-see-ums, locally known as “sand gnats”, came out in force. If you fish or do other outdoor activities and want some really good insect repellant, try Johnson and Johnson’s “Skintastic.” It comes in a couple of different styles but my favorite is the white cream style (sort of like suntan lotion). It is the best insect repellant I have ever used, and I think I have tried them all.

Our totals for the week were: Reds, totaled 17 with the largest being 10# and several others weighing in around the 8 to 9 pound class. The rest were from 2 ½ to 7 ½ pounds each. The trout totaled 27 and quite a few were roe trout. Several flounder and blues were caught to finish out the week.

Thanks, Gene Dickson
Delta Guide Service http://www.deltaguideservice.com
Georgetown, SC
E-mail to: Delta-Guide-Service@sc.rr.com
1-843-546-3645

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright