Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2332 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Delta Guides
(Unregistered)
8/29/01 07:42 PM
South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Report [Post#: 398 ] Reply to this post

South Carolina Weekly Shallow Saltwater Fishing Report
Week of 08-19-01 through 08-25-01

Sorry to be so late with last weeks report. Yet another VIRUS showed up in my machine and locked me out of the word processor and other things. Since I run on Windows 98, it wasn’t the Code Red one that has been in the news so much lately. I go to sleep each night dreaming of things I would do to the hackers that send those things if only I could have them in my grasp. They would have to use their nose to type with, because I do believe I’d cut off their fingers and thumbs.

The weeks fishing was pretty good, and the weather actually wasn’t much of a problem. Most days we had some breeze, but no real wind to bother us. The reds were in the feeding mood once again, and we managed to “spoon feed” quite a few of them. One day, we had six reds that were from 9 3/4# to 16# and another day we had ten reds that were from 8 ½# up to 10 ½# . Another day produced 5 small to medium reds and yet another day produced only one fish at 7#. I never did figure out what happened that day. We tried everything including live bait and could only catch the one fish. Two other days were spent chasing the elusive “tailing reds” across the flats. We managed to catch two one day that were around the 4 to 5# size. The other day, we saw a couple, and managed to hook one of them, but unfortunately he broke the line while speeding through the grass. Nearly all the reds were caught on Johnson or Rapala spoons. Some were caught on silver, some on gold, and the Rapala was a red headed color and worked equally well.

Totals for the week were: Reds totaled 24 with the largest at 16 pounds. Trout totaled only 3 small ones and 1 lady fish and no flounder or blues.

Thanks, Gene Dickson
Delta Guide Service http://www.deltaguideservice.com
Georgetown, SC
1-843-546-3645
PLEASE NOTE OUR NEW E-MAIL ADDRESS: Delta-Guide-Service@sc.rr.com

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright