Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2488 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Poacher Charters
(Unregistered)
1/14/02 09:45 PM
Oregon Inlet N.C. Striper Report [Post#: 562 ] Reply to this post

Started out in South Nags Head fishing for stripers on my charter boat "Poacher' in 45ft of water around bait marks, no birds in sight but it was early. Hooked 6 fairly quickly but for the next hour it was just a pick,catching 6 more. Steamed up the beach and saw a great mark,stopped and hooked 2 to give us our limit,we released 3 more. All of these fish were landed trolling,the largest around 25lbs. Inshore of us the birds made up in 20ft of water right off Whalebone Junction,we broke out the 15lb spinning tackle and bucktails and had 2 to 4 fish on for the next 45minutes. The stripers were feeding on trout, they were spitting them up by the boat as we were landing them. My group did an excellent job with the fish on the light tackle and they landed 2, 30lb plus fish on this gear. All the fish landed on the light gear were released,we had alredy landed a limit trolling. There was a school of stripers working farther North of me off Nags Head and also heard of a nice school off Pea Island, South of the Inlet. I would think that they would bite like mad dogs tomorrow on this shift of wind to the NW.For some striper photos go to my website and hit fishing report. Good Luck, Devin Cage www.poachersportfishing.com (252)473-6108

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright