Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2254 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Poacher Charters
(Unregistered)
1/21/02 04:28 PM
Oregon Inlet N.C. Striper Report 1/21 [Post#: 573 ] Reply to this post

After two days of hard blows and setting to the dock, I finally made it back out this morning (1/21). I ran my charter boat “Poacher” south out of Oregon Inlet and started marking some bait in the 50ft range. Stopped south of the Pea Island Ranger station and started getting a scattered bite in the bait marks. Small stripers (10lbs to 15lbs) but better than nothing, landed 17 in about an hour and a half, trolling parachutes and stretches. When the SW wind picked up so did the fishing, the bait pushed towards the beach and schools of feeding stripers were stretched from Rodanthe to the boiler. We landed another 4 or 5 trolling then caught a few casting to rolling fish with the 15lb spinning tackle. Ended the morning with 28 stripers between 10lbs and 28lbs. This afternoon the fish made it easy for me, great big marks of solid stripers in the 40ft to 50 ft ranges off Pea Island. When I set my lines out I could see busting fish and several boats hooked up, with birds swirling all around. Loaded my trolling rigs on the first pass and it stayed like that for over an hour. We landed 30 plus fish in the 12lb to 28lb ranges and called it a quick afternoon. Look for fishing to stay hot as long as we have a West type wind. Good Luck, Devin Cage www.poachersportfishing.com (252) 473-6108

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright