Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2225 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Redfish Charters
(Unregistered)
4/29/02 09:51 PM
Oversized Reds are biting [Post#: 740 ] Reply to this post

These winds are supposed to be in March not April, we are supposed to be having showers or that's what the norm is. I guess Rockport isn't the normal place though, cause the redfish aren't doing what the normal thing is either. One day they are bitting like crazy and the next day they are on a diet, or that's what it seems.
Lately they have really been liking piggie perch and the heads off of mullet. I have been catching them in several places on Estes Flats, mostly in the pot holes. You look for the holes and cast into them and wham - the fight is on. The winds really don't seem to affect the reds, it just makes a less comfortable day for fishing. I can't pin point any particular place that the reds are hiding except the pot holes. The small puppie drum are hitting all over the flats, and suprisingly enough I've been bringing in some trout also. The fish are out there and some days they are ready and waiting and some days they are on strike, keep looking. Today, Monday April 29
was totally awesome we caught 3 tagged reds, all 29 1/2" and to go along with them we got 8 more keepers all over 25", and 3 trout, a box of fish anyone would be proud of. Good Catching to you.
Capt. Charlie Newton
www.redfishcharters.com
800 862-7987

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright