Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2125 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Poacher Charters
(Unregistered)
10/5/02 12:27 PM
Oregon Inlet N.C. Inshore Fishing Report [Post#: 927 ] Reply to this post

We’ve enjoyed a pretty week so far here at Oregon Inlet N.C. and inshore fishing has not let us down! Albacore ( 4lbs-16lbs) action continues to be strong with fish scattered from the surf line out to the Gulf Stream. Look for busting fish and birds picking also fish anywhere there is significant bait marks and it should be holding albacores. Spanish mackerel (1/2lb-4lbs) fishing is slowing but there are still fish along the beaches and in the channels behind the inlet. Fish the back of the North beach in Nags Head in 15ft of water and expect a few bites from spanish. Small blues ( 1/2lb-2lbs) are also located along the beach and all over the sounds, good fishing could be had around Oregon Inlet with a SW wind flow. King mackerel ( 5lbs-15lbs) fishing is picking up in the 100ft range with reports coming in daily of catches. I've landed several small fish outside the inlet in the last few days on my charter boat “Poacher“, strip baits work best. I expect this fishing to take off any day with the middle of the month being tops. Sea bass and trigger fishing is still off, with only mediocre catches to report. I feel like the water is too hot and that it'll pick up once the water temp dips into the high 60's.
In the sound the stripers( 2lbs-7lbs) are starting to bite in the Manns Harbor area. I've had catches of 25 or more on my backcountry boat “Bootlegger” several times last week and heard reports of half-day catches pushing 50 fish for a morning. This fishing will only get better with each cold front, on the next North wind look for superb light tackle fishing at Manns Harbor for striped bass. A few flounder, grey trout, black and red drum are being taken around the bridge pilings at Oregon Inlet; maybe some big spots will show in the next few days at the inlet.

For some fish photos go to www.poachersportfishing.com and hit Fishing report.
I offer 2 boats to choose from and prices to fit the size of your group, whether it's 1 person or 6 people, I have a trip and a price to fit your needs! Ask about the "Bootlegger" great light tackle trip for the money.
Good luck, Devin Cage (252) 473-6108 www.poachersportfishing.com

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright