Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2462 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Poacher Charters
(Unregistered)
10/29/02 11:45 AM
Oregon Inlet N.C. Inshore Fishing [Post#: 959 ] Reply to this post

Oregon Inlet inshore fishing

When we can get into the ocean, it seems that a few kings are starting to show. I've encountered some snakes( kings under 10lbs) around some inshore bad bottom and in the sloughs East of the inlet. Good reports of kings offshore in 40 fathoms earlier in the week.
Albacores are scattered every where from the surf to the gulfstream. Just troll small spoons and you'll get smoked.
Blue fishing has been good along the beaches and in the inlet. Birds have been seen working schools of small blues in the inlet channel the last few days.
Sea bass fishing is starting to improve with falling water temps. I had a few knotheads on my last trip out along with some big triggers.
Striper fishing is awesome at Manns Harbor and should be that way through the winter. Eels and swimming plugs are working good. Some big stripers ( 10lbs-15lbs) are being taken around the Oregon Inlet bridge. After this next blow at the first of Nov look for a report of some ocean stripers showing on the shoals. For the last 7 seasons, I've landed an ocean striper by 11/10.
Puppy drum are showing in back of Oregon Inlet along with good catches of speckled trout and a few big flounders.
Fishing is great so don't go to work tomorrow and hook that boat up your wife said you'd never use and go get'em!
Good luck, Devin Cage www.poachersportfishing.com

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright