Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2111 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Poacher Charters
(Unregistered)
11/5/02 11:11 AM
Oregon Inlet N.C. Stripers [Post#: 966 ] Reply to this post

The ocean striper season is off to a great start here at Oregon Inlet N.C. I fished the last 2 days on my charter boat “Poacher” and had excellent striper action. We landed 33 stripers between 12lbs and 25lbs in 3 half-day trips. This is just the start of the striper season here on the Outer Banks and with each passing cold front you should see the fish get bigger and increase in numbers, but hard to beat the fishing we had the last 2 days. All the stripers were landed using 25lb spinning tackle and eels for bait. Yesterday afternoon was a great bite, with fish also being landed on topwater baits. When I left the bar at 4:00pm, we were having bites most every pass on the shoals. This cold front that we’re going to get in the middle of the week should stack them up out front of the inlet. After the front I look for stripers to be scattered up and down the Nags Head beaches feeding on croakers and menhaden, just look for the birds.
If you’d like to see some striper photos, go to my website and hit fishing report.

Good luck, Devin Cage www.poachersportfishing.com
(252) 473-6108

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright