Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 2121 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Poacher Charters
(Unregistered)
11/19/02 02:15 PM
Oregon Inlet N.C. Striper Report [Post#: 976 ] Reply to this post

I had my charter boat "Poacher" on the shoals at Oregon Inlet before the sun came up this morning.
I worked both sides of the inlet numerous times with no luck, not even a bite! The sun finally came up and we started to have a little incoming tide so I went back to a spot that I've been pulling a few from, which is usually where ever the most break is.
And with the tide a few bites came, we landed a quick 2, then a single and another, the next thing you know we had 8 stripers in the boat all close to 20lbs each! We made a few more drifts and got slammed by a 4 banger, all four spinning rods bent over with large striped bass! We landed all 4 and that gave us a limit of 12 fish between 16lbs and 28lbs.
All the stripers in this report were landed on eels and 25lb test loaded on spinning tackle, fished near the Oregon Inlet shoals. I have just started to hear of a few stripers being landed along the beach trolling, this should pick up with falling water temps in the next few weeks. Oregon Inlet striper action is best on winds from the North, which also makes the inlet the roughest, so you better pay attention.
For some striper photos ,go to my website www.poachersportfishing.com and hit fishing report.
Thank you, Devin Cage www.poachersportfishing.com

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright