Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Boats Thread views: 13617 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
6/3/03 01:35 PM
Muskrats & Transducer Cable [Post#: 1210 ] Reply to this post

Muskrats have gnawed through the transducer cable on five boats at the end of my peninsula. I've purchased a new transducer cable but am reluctant to install it without protection. Is there anyone who sells a wiremesh "sleeve" than can be slid over a transducer cable to protect it from muskrats? Has anyone tried other solutions?

Lake Murray, in the center of SC, has been lowered 15' so that a $275M backup dam can be constructed...making it tough for muskrats to find a home. A family of muskrats have taken up residence in the back of my next door neighbor's pontoon boat and are reproducing like rabbits.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
2/15/05 04:05 PM
Re: Muskrats & Transducer Cable new [Post#: 1858 / re: 1210 ] Reply to this post

i found that placing some moth balls in the boat keep out the critters

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
3/18/06 10:43 AM
Re: Muskrats & Transducer Cable new [Post#: 2162 / re: 1858 ] Reply to this post

Get some vaseline and put some type of agent in it that will repel these creatures -- Like cat urine

then run the cable with the mixture

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
2/9/09 09:32 PM
Re: Muskrats & Transducer Cable new [Post#: 2767 / re: 1858 ] Reply to this post

where do you put the mothballs? anywhere in the boat?

View the results for this poll

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright