Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Fishing Destin Florida Thread views: 14577 *Threaded Mode

Rhet
(Unregistered)
6/16/02 03:21 PM
Fishing [Post#: 802 ] Reply to this post

This Mid-August will be our first trip to Destin.

Is there a place to fish off the bank in Destin?

Is there a place where a 10 year old boy, as well as a 67 year old grandpaw, can catch several fish? --- size not being as much of an issue as quantity

If we are planning to go deep sea fishing a couple of times on week days, should we charter a boat now? or wait until we arrive in Destin?

Is fishing better at night when deep sea fishing?

Thank you for your time and attention. Any replies will be greatly appreciated.

Rhet

Fyreplug
(Unregistered)
6/16/02 05:50 PM
Re: Fishing new [Post#: 803 / re: 802 ] Reply to this post

August is a decent time to fish. The best time to fish is in the early morning (sun up to about 10 or 11 am) and in the evening from 4 to dark thirty. You can try the local pier (Okaloosa Pier off hwy 98 towards Ft Walton ) its next to the Gulfarium. On the left hand side. You can also fish off the jetties at the Destin bridge. You need a fishing liscense for that or heck even off the beach.

You may take a party boat out usually with a call the day before. If you want a private charter.. then you may want to make a few calls when time gets closer.

Hope this helps and tight lines.

Plug

TWolfe
(Unregistered)
6/17/02 08:54 PM
Re: Fishing new [Post#: 805 / re: 802 ] Reply to this post

I haven't bank fished, but the pier fishing can be good at times (I'm searhing the net in attempt to figure out what techniques/tackle will work best...I plan on pier fishing myself). For offshore, I recommend Olin Marler's Fleet. I like Bruce Marler's boat, Tropical Winds. http://www.olinmarlercharterboats.com/
I just booked a trip with him today for third week in July.
Bruce is a great captain and you WILL catch fish. Bruce has the right numbers! I know a few guys who use him regularly and I've been out with him once...we had a great time and caught lots of fish. Their boats are not overcrowded.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
7/7/02 09:27 PM
Re: Fishing new [Post#: 834 / re: 803 ] Reply to this post

dont bother night fishing...only for shark, and theres only one really old boat that does that.
if you want on a party boat, get on the destin princess. they are far and away the best boat there(the captain thinks hes on a tournament 6 pack...dont tell him different)
as for chartering, you better start now. some of the better boats will be booked through october. i like the al-lin,(great capt) sunrise(good luck getting him), daybreak first dawn.
have a great time!
ted
ps yes, i used to work on a boat in that fleet.

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
7/23/02 10:59 PM
Re: Fishing new [Post#: 858 / re: 802 ] Reply to this post

My family and I go to Destin every Oct. We use to charter The Finest Kind Capt. Tommy Browning always had a good time but Capt. Tommy doesn't go out much these days age has creep up on Him (and me ). We changed a few yrs back with a new Capt. His boat The Twilight Capt. Robert Hill Liked him very much young guy with great manners did very well with my teen girls . fishqueen@gnt.net Some of the best fishing I have ever had

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright