Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 12550 *Threaded Mode

2/9/03 01:25 PM
Line [Post#: 1044 ] Reply to this post

Has anyone tried the new IronSilk line? I've heard it's pretty good. What do you think of it? I'm a causal angler and usually use the cheapest line out there, but recently lost a big fish. I am looking for the best out there now to avoid this happening again.

2/15/03 07:57 PM
Re: Line new [Post#: 1054 / re: 1044 ] Reply to this post

Try P-Line CXX X-tra Stong Monofiliment Moss Green in color. I've been using it for years and have pulled and 18' stratos to a hang up on a stump with the 12# p-line. Give it a shot.

2/16/03 03:23 PM
Re: Line new [Post#: 1060 / re: 1054 ] Reply to this post

That reminds me of a cartoon I did!

2/19/03 07:42 PM
Re: Line new [Post#: 1067 / re: 1044 ] Reply to this post

I never used it, but I always have great luck with Stren Fluorocarbon. Last year I caught an 8 1/2 lb. Rainbow Trout with 4 lb. test. It's not too much $$ and seems to work great. However I do have trouble finding the 4 lb. test. Good luck!!

4/29/03 03:55 AM
Re: Line new [Post#: 1150 / re: 1067 ] Reply to this post

Everyone has their favorite line I used stren years ago and switched to trilene, but recently tried stren again, it seems to tangle and memory problems, and major line twist problems I think I'll stick with trilene.

5/7/03 09:15 AM
Re: Line new [Post#: 1163 / re: 1150 ] Reply to this post

I've just started fly fishing yesterday and noticied that my line is tangling up, I've respooled it the same thing happens.Now I bought a combo with rod,reel,line and leader were as 1 unit. Now you suggested Trilene, all my fishing will be done in Texas, and mainly for Bass and Crappie. Can you offer any suggestions that might make my trail and error period a little shorter. I will say that it is the most fun I have had in years of fishing. I really like ultra-light spinning rods and reels for the fight but it doesn't hold a candle to this fly fishing. My first fish caught was a 21" Black Bass that took me 9mins. to land and at that moment Fly fishing had become a mainstay in my love for fishing. Sorry for the long message just wanted to share my story to another avid angler. Thank you for any help that you may offer. God Bless America.........Richard

*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright