Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 6561 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
11/21/01 08:49 PM
******************* [Post#: 493 ] Reply to this post

ok, I am asking this question, even though it is November, but dont leave. There is this lake I go to that has largemouths, northerns, trout, walleye,crappies, perch, blugills, channel cats, flatheads, and carp. I found this place last year, and only went 5 times. I have caught 17 nine inch bass( yes i released them), an 18 inch bashh, and 20 bluegill( i kept 3 8 inchers and released the rest)i want to have better success next year. I plan to go April 6 or 7. Does the bass spawn start by then? Also, do you have any other tips. I'm not sure how to include a map thing of the lake so ill try to explain it. The lake is at the deepest 27 feet; The main lake is 4 acres, with a little stream connecting it to a smaller 1 acre lake. At the north end of the lake is a little bay with a sand bar and 6 inches deep of water connecting it to the main lake. There is seaweed in this bay and 2 ft deep of water. At the west end of the lake, the bottom is made out of rocks, and a pipe putting fresh, cold water in the lake. The 1 acre lake has a sandy bottom with seaweed. Ive seen some big fish( prob. trout) jumping out of the middle. I really need all the tips i can. Also, is April 6th too early for the bass spawn, or is it during the bass spawn? Thank You. I dont want the location of this well kept secret to be put in to the public, so I'm not going to give the location of it until I have enough good information of what to do there. And I'll e-mail it to you if you give me your e-mail adress and tips of what to do there. I think all the different types of bottoms support each species. Thank You!!!!!

Anonymous
(Unregistered)
1/4/02 01:39 PM
Re: ******************* new [Post#: 549 / re: 493 ] Reply to this post

Hey guy, sounds as if you have struck gold! Good for you. As for the spawn, what part of the country are we talking about. That has the biggest thing to do with the spawn. Spawnning happens sooner in the south and later up north. Try and check with a local bait and tackle shop and if they know of any amature or pro anglers in the area that might be able to tell you. Once you get that far, start asking about lures and baits. Good luck, have fun, and invite me(grin). My name is Bill and I live in Indiana and belong to B.A.S.S. and am an amature tournament angler. My e-mail is: big_dog36@yahoo.com .

Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode
Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright