Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Saltwater Thread views: 3018 Previous threadView all threadsNext thread*Threaded Mode

Xsuitman
(Angler)
7/19/02 03:09 PM
LI Ocean Fluke / Bass [Post#: 849 ] Reply to this post

Well, after our Hell Trip on the 31' Farski's Fountain last weekend we needed a mellow but action filled trip. We took out our 23 "Savage Robalo" to the inshore grounds with the North west winds howling and produced great catches of Fluke! Seems when the North blows hard the fish move in to the 40 to 45 foot depths and nice 19 to 24 inch fish. We limited out in 3 hours and caught a mixed bag of sea bass striped bass and Big Blue fish. Then on Wednesday we fished the South west winds and found the fish out in deeper waters to 65 feet. Again a mixed bag minus the Stripers. Although we got a good number of Stripers on the troll. Downriggers with Bunker spoons and green parachutes.All these fish were produced off the west end of Long Beach to Debs inlet. I also heard on the VHF of guys trolling umbrellas with shad rigs and doing well. Early next week were off to the Canyon area for Tuna and Shark so I'll catch up with all you guys next week. Also Thank you for all the positive responses on our Almost sunk trip and thanks especially to Capt. John from the Fisherman on his comments of my letter to him! Be safe out there!

Savage Robalo-23 / Farskis Fountain-31

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright