Main Index | Search | New user | Login | Who's Online | FAQ

Freshwater Thread views: 5188 Previous threadView all threadsNext threadFlat Mode*

"; Jimmy Everett
(Unregistered)
9/9/04 12:22 PM
Lake Fork Report [Post#: 1717 ] Reply to this post

Lake Fork fishing has been very good in the last week. The water temp is stay from 78 degrees in the morning to 83 in the afternoon. The water is pretty clear with about a 4 foot range of seeing your bait in the water. Altough we have a hi-pressure sitting on top of us it hasnt hurt the numbers of fish we are catching, A good avg. is 25 fish. Lots of small ones The bigger fish have slowed down some. Early this week I had a 9lb 12oz bass caught in my boat and also a 8lb. 2oz the next day. The last couple of days the biggest has been around 5 pounds or so.
The fish have been better up shallow than deep altough the big fish Im finding are in 20-25 feet of water. Up shallow the key is stay around grass in 5-10 feet all day if your a shallow fisherman. Start the morning off with a white buzzbait around matted grass. My favorite lately has been a T.O. buzzbait with a gold blade and clacker. Fish this untill the sub=n starts to get up around 8:30 or so and switch to a pearl senko texas rigged with no weight. Fish these around the patches and edges of the grass for an hour or untill the fish shut dowm on them. For the rest of the day I have been throwing a couple of diffrent things and switching them up everyday to find out which the fish want best. Here they are and you can catch fish on all of them. Fish all these baits over the grass beds on the main lake. 1st is a T.O. tail spinner in 3/8oz with a gold blade and any color seems to work. 2nd throw a Allens 1/2 Rattlin milo in baby bass. 3rd Strike Works finesse jig in watermelon or black/blue with a matching trailer. 4th drop shot a pearl 2'' senko with a 1 1/2 foot leader. Work all these baits slow around the tops of the grass and outside edges of the grass. The key is to stay around the grass if your shalow.
If your a deep water person like me I will sit in deep water and take less fish but catch bigger fish. The best baits have been a crolina rigged baby creature in watermelon, Zoom Ol monster in blueberry, or a T.O. fry in black/blue or kudzu. Other good baits have been A texas rigged 8" ring worm in watermelon with a chart. dyed tail. Fish these slow on main lake humps and ridges in 20-25 feet of water. The bite will be alot slower but its worth it when you get a 10lb fish in the boat.
All T.O. lures are only avalible at Axtons Bass City on Lake Fork or Japan. If you havent fished with these baits they are designed by the guy who won the bassmasters classic Takahiro Omari.
I still have some dates open for Sept. and the rest of the year. If you are interested in boking a trip give me a call at 903-765-3980 or visit me at www.fishinlakefork.com and shoot me an email.

Good luck to those during the Mcdonalds Tournament and be safe.
Jimmy Everett
903-765-3980

Skeeter, Yamaha, Strike Works, Axtons Bass City 903-473-7224, Strike Works, Fun-N-Sun sporting centers

Jump to

Home  Articles Classifieds Top News Fishing Poll 
Top Destinations Weather  

Click here for tackle giveaways and discounts

Fish Clix Banner Exchange  

Webmasters, click here to add this service to your site Copyright